Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Visit

 Some things, even it falls short from what we expected, do turn out for the better.

We were just back from a visit to our family home in Baguio. We were there for 5 days and I thought I can do some blog writing in between my biking and family. I was determined to stick to my plan only to fail miserably in the end.

I did attempt to write some stuff, two actually, but I can't seem to get over the draft stage. No matter how hard I try, I just can't organize my thoughts well.

I tried biking, even fell off my steed a couple of times, once badly spraining my right pinky, just to get the mind going. No joy there, only a sprained pinky.....

So why the writer's block?

Maybe because my body has switched to vacation mode, my conscious mind says it is but my subconscious  has yet to process the change.

Or maybe because there is this deep need to re establish my ties with my 80 year old father, to again hear and relive his stories, to immerse myself in the feeling of what it is to be his son.

Maybe because there is this unfulfilled wish to engage with my younger brother, to talk of simply anything, to have fun and a good laugh with him.

Maybe because Cecille needs to be taken on a special date, to feel what it is we felt when we were young and just starting out and Baguio has the perfect setting for that.

Maybe because I need to catch on with what I miss in this family, to reconnect, to hug my nephews, to enjoy our legacy.

Maybe because I need to go back, this time on a bike, and explore the paths that I only saw through the window of a bus while I was growing up in Loakan, to finally fulfill a promise made during the days of my youth.

Maybe, I do need a writer's block so I can do all these.

And I actually did.