Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thank You!



" Thank You!"

Two words that for some means more than being appreciated. For me personally, “Thank You!” is:
  • an affirmation, the highlighting of all that is good in me, few they may be
  • telling me you will always make time for this relationship even if it can only be as brief as in saying these two words
  • a prompting of the heart

But these days, maybe overwhelmed by everyday affairs, greetings, even those that are deep and personal, are seen as a given. And so responses like “Thank You!”, unless related to paid service, has become more like a figure of speech, a stoic and automatic response.

So we ask: are we now exceedingly busy to remember those who took the time to remind us how important we are to them?

Do we now think we are extra special that some remembering, specially coming from the well off, is more better than the rest and that they carry more weight than ones from people who have less than us?

Have we seen “Thank You!” as empty phrases like “How Are You?”, often said when we are left with nothing sensible to say, that we have completely taken them off our list of good expressions?

I have to admit I am guilty and more. Today that I am turning 53, I will make amends. Once again, from deep within my heart, allow me to say “THANK YOU!”

“Thank You!” for remembering and reminding me of my special days when I myself have forgotten.

“Thank You!” for taking time to put dates in your calendars, set your phones to early morning alarms hoping you'd help start someone's day with gratitude and cheer.

“Thank You!” for all of you who said a special prayer when the odds where stacked against me.

“Thank You!” for the unexpected help during those times when I do not know what else to do.

“Thank You!” for appreciating this person.

“Thank You!!” for that shoulder when I need one to cry on.

“Thank You!” for all the hugs that made sure someone is with me in my corner.

“Thank You!” for allowing me to touch your lives through my writing and my incessant talking.

“Thank You!” for encouraging me to keep going with the one and only thing I know I am good at.

“Thank You!” for your patience.

“Thank You!” for helping me grow.

“Thank you!” for continuously reading my blogs even if sometimes they are mere rumblings of a frustrated soul.

“Thank You!” for teaching me the pentatonic scale.

“Thank You!” for our coffee moments.

“Thank You!” for braving those trails with me.

“Thank You!” for helping me put Efcie together.

“Thank You!” for Efcie.

“Thank You!” for helping me make sure Papa will enjoy his Iloilo vacation.

“Thank You!” for laughing with me for no reason at all but because we are cousins.

“Thank You!” for making sure I am up for that Baguio challenge.

“Thank you!” for being the great person that you are.

Finally, perhaps my biggest, “Thank You!” for trusting me as your friend.